Purple bow background

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm Adding "Plan Time for Me" to my To-Do List

The past few months have been stressful at our house - a toddler, an intense 4 year old, two full-time jobs, and a new business.  And I basically feel like there is so much to do, I can't rationalize taking time to relax.  Even if I did take the time, I would feel too guilty and to preoccupied to actually relax.  Normally, running helps clear my head but lately, my runs are filled with making to-do lists in my head...so sadly, I finish the run feeling more stressed than when I started.
So what's a girl to do?  I want to stay sane.  I want to have some remaining patience with my kids, and I want to get my business launched - because there is a direct correlation between that and my stress level.  
I could ask my husband to do more but hey, he's already doing a lot and making him more stressed just makes me more stressed.  I could ask my toddler and four year old to do more - ha, ha, ha.  Oh, that actually made me laugh out loud.  
So I've decided to try a highly recommended tactic - literally give myself the assignment of doing something relaxing (i.e. a massage).  For some reason, if I take the fun out of things by making it an assignment, then, I feel less guilty and entitled to do it.  So it is now on my calendar once a month - "Plan 4 hours to do something selfish and relaxing."  Hey, the calendar says I have to do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment