Purple bow background

Friday, May 23, 2014

Here is a super easy organization idea that can be used with many of your messes!   It took me 20 minutes and now I can stand to open my closet again.

So we have this catch-all closet in our kitchen that contains games, Play-doh, crafts, colors, kids' dishes, baby stroller, toddler tractor...I could go on and on.  The point is it contains everything we need while we're in the kitchen but are trying to hide, so it looks like grown-up live here, too.  As time has gone by, we just piled more and more in there.  And basically, it was so overgrown, I didn't want to open the closet any more.  I felt guilty.  My daughter would ask to play with Play-doh, paints, or stickers, and all I could think was, "Please don't make me dig that out of the closet.  Can't you play with your doll or a puzzle?  Anything besides what is in this closet."  But figuring out how to remedy the problem seemed to take more time and energy than I had.

I happened to have a spare shoe hanger, and it dawned on me - I could use that to organize little crafts - stickers, colors, markers, pom-poms, glue, etc.  And then, my daughter could actually reach some of these things without needing my help!  Hallelujah!

So here it is - seriously, took 20 minutes.  It made my daughter super happy!  She wants to do crafts all of the time now and I'm not afraid to open the closet any more.

P.S.  I have a really tall door, and I still made this work.  I tied some ribbon to the hooks to lengthen the organizer so it's at a more reachable level.

No comments:

Post a Comment