Purple bow background

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Celebrating Successes!

So I had a huge success this week.  I officially launched my website - Piece of Cake Parties!  I've been working on this (with lots of help from my husband) for the past year.  It has definitely been a labor of love - a lot of work and stress that hopefully will eventually benefit our family, but for the past year has added a lot of additional stress on the family.
I have the tendency to just focus on the goal.  And as soon as I accomplish the goal, I set a new goal and go back to work.  I never give myself permission to relax and celebrate accomplishments.  I want to but it I have a hard time relaxing when I know there is work to do.  This is definitely a weakness personally and in my parenting.  Even with my kids, I say "Awesome!  Great job!" but then we are on to the next thing.  Okay, you stayed in your bed all week.  Now let's see if you can stop whining for a week.  Ha, just kidding.
So with the launch of Piece of Cake Parties, I'm giving myself a few days off to celebrate and enjoy our accomplishment.  There is a lot more to do, but I know I need to appreciate this win.  And hopefully, I'll discover a great celebratory feeling that reminds me to do this more in the future - my family and kids will appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment