Purple bow background

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Can Be Fun For Your Husband, Too!

Do you like Christmas?  Does your husband like Christmas?  At my house, the first answer is a resounding YES and the second answer is "Do I have to?"

I was thinking the other day about everything I had to do -  at least 10 things on the list - then, it dawned on me that a gift for my husband wasn't even on the list, much less spending time with him.  I know he doesn't care about Christmas as much as I do, but maybe if I put him somewhere in the top 5 of my list, he might like Christmas a little more.  So I decided to think about some simple things we could do together that don't involve the kids - and hopefully, will make my husband enjoy Christmas a little more!

1.  Cider Sippin' and Shoppin' -  Make shopping for your mother-in-law and the kids a little more fun.  Leave the kids with the sitter, go have a drink (or two) and then, shop.  I guarantee it will be more fun!  You can top off the shopping trip with dinner or dessert.

2.  Christmas movie night - Make this a tradition.  After the kids go to bed, watch your favorite Christmas movie together.  Personally, I might go for something like Love Actually, but to make my husband happy, Christmas Vacation might be a better compromise.

3.  Give the gift of together - I love this one! So instead of giving each other things for Christmas, give each other date nights.  Each person can plan 6 date nights for the following year and that's what you give each other for Christmas.   You could create a cute little book that has pictures of what you'll do on each date.   And if you are watching your dollars, you don't have to buy everything at Christmas.  Spread this one out over the next year.

Here's to a wonderful holiday season and hopefully, a joyful husband, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment