Purple bow background

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Celebrating 40!

In just three short days, I will officially leave my 30's.  That's right the big 4-0.  It's a big milestone, so I felt like surely I would have some big epiphanies or reflections, right?  But really, I don't.  In fact, it hasn't felt as monumental as I thought it would.  I'm not sure what that means - is that good or bad?
BUT - I did feel like it was an occasion that should be celebrated.  I'm not a big birthday person in general (very ironic given the business I started), but I felt I would regret just letting it pass by as a typical birthday.
So why am I not a big birthday person?  Well, it requires a lot of effort and work to plan a party, because my husband probably isn't going to do it.  And well, I guess I always want to give my energy to other things (like my party business!) but not to celebrating me.
So this year I decided I should celebrate me!  And quite frankly, my business, Piece of Cake Parties, is what has helped me find the energy to celebrate this milestone.  I know this seems like a shameless plug, but truly, this is why I started this business - to help people have fun planning a party.  To make it easy!  But easy when you are still happy and proud of the outcome.  Not easy like, "I didn't do anything" or "I just threw some crap together" easy.
So I'm celebrating with a wine theme!  Wine is the perfect 40th birthday for me - love everything about it - the taste of it, the look of it, the varieties of it, everything.  And my husband did hire an Italian restaurant to cater it, which is easy and very coordinated.  So here are some highlights of the party - super easy, and I'm going to be very happy I did celebrate me and my 40 years on this earth.  Here's to 40 more!


No comments:

Post a Comment