Purple bow background

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Amazon, the 8th Wonder of the World

So my last post inspired me to write about one thing I know exceptionally well - Amazon subscriptions and Amazon Prime.  I buy EVERYTHING there.  I mean everything.  We also have their credit card, so I know how much we spend there annually - won't tell you, but trust me, your heart would skip a beat.  Again, I swear I get no kick backs for this...although, Amazon, if you are reading...

Anyway, aside from working from home and not having a commute and wearing yoga pants everyday of my life, the one thing that truly simplifies our family's life is Amazon.  If you don't have Amazon Prime or don't use their subscriptions and you are a busy parent, go to Amazon right now.  Do not pass Go.  Just sign up.  I don't care if it costs $79 or $99 or $129.  Whatever they decided, it is 1000% worth it.  I seriously only shop at the grocery store and occasionally Target now.  (I even look at is as a cost savings plan, because I apparently don't know how to spend less than $100 every time I walk into Target.)  If I need something, in 20 seconds I can buy it on my phone and it arrives in 2 days.  If I can plan ahead, even better.  Save 20% and I don't think about it again.  Done.  No extra work.  No painful trips with two little kids to Costco or Sam's.  Our weekends are still crazy, BUT they are not spent shopping.  And for that, Amazon, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment