Purple bow background

Friday, June 20, 2014

Entertaining a Toddler - One Idea at a Time

Lately, my husband and I have noticed we feel like we survive the weekends to make it to Monday (both our 4 year old and 18 month old go to school full-time during the week).  Seriously, Monday seems like a welcome relief.
We have an adorable four year old daughter who is also extremely extroverted, bright, and intense.  We also have an 18 month old son...enough said.  Anyone who has a toddler, particularly a boy, knows how hard it is to keep them occupied and alive.  But when your toddler is your 2nd or 3rd (or OMG 4th child), well, it's not just hard to keep them occupied, it's ESSENTIAL to keep them occupied or else your older children will start to rebel.
Most parents know the best toys for toddlers are usually not toys at all, so I thought I would share my recommendations of easy household items that can keep your toddler occupied (and by occupied I mean for at least 5 minutes) as I test them out.  If you're like me though, the usual "10 Ways to Keep Your Toddler Busy" is lost on me, because I can hardly remember one thing.  So I'm going to give you one, tested idea at a time.  Here's the first one -- Straws in a plastic bottle.  That's it.  Give the kid 5-10 straws and an empty water bottle.  It's good for home or while you're out-to-eat.  I swear by it.  My son is obsessed with straws, cups, and bottles.

Let me know if you have success!

No comments:

Post a Comment